Monday, July 05, 2004

my bike tell a story

It's about my bike, I live in the place where i believe, people more notice of our appereance than our mind.
As a single son, raised up by a single mother, is not easy for mom to allowed me to ride a motorcycle -there's none in my close family that ride a motorcycle-. I ask because as a non local look person, it's not easy for me to take the public transportation where crime and discrimination happen many times. My school is 15 minutes journey by bike or 1 1/2 hour by car during the rush hour.
Begged her for 2 years, 'the risk is too much' that's what she said all the time, near my 15 birthday and because we don't afford to buy a car also in addition of a more serious safety situation that time, she finally bought me a 4 month second hand small bike(110 cc). Ride it with pride and a little snobb feelin for 2 years.
For the first year, as a teenager that easily influenced, makes me fell out of my bike so many times. I often didn't wear helmet and do racing after school breaks (where look so cool and macho). It didn't stop, where after that I begged for a big motorcycle like Honda NSR 150 -The best cool looking bike at that time- She told me 'We don't have enogh money,honey', as a very spoiled son, i never thought about it, just kept on hurtin and force her to buy it. She bought me a bigger bike -not NSR- where the look still so stylish, then I modified it that worth more than the bike itself. Livin crazy like a cool renegade where many bikers give a good response of my bike makes me eager of people recognition.
After bored with that bike, hurtin my mom feelin again by askin a new model, limited edition Honda NSR, I got it also. After 2 month, I started to realized all the not good side, I read so many article in the local newspaper where stealin bike is just a stab in the middle public and nobody didn't give a damn shoot, also deep down inside I realized that i was snobb and think i'm better than other with that cool bike i had. Ride it for 3 month and sold it where it only takes a day of advertisement.
It's been 3 years now, I ride a small bike that worth only 400 US$., where some of my friends even made jokes that it looked worse than the post officer bike. I started to learn many things of life other than bike, bout priority in life, so many things were not in the good order. Sometimes we just bought cheap things without thinkin of it use in our needs. I proud that i still have that bike, where now, after workin two years full time in a top Bank in my country during my university time and helping mom on her business (this helps a lot), I bought my own old but very convinient car, study abroad for 6 month (Half price by goverment subsidized, here I am now) and laptop that worth much more than my bike.
I'm so proud of my mom that give me all the trust to grow up to be a mature person. Thank you mom, I Love You.

Drive inexpensive cars but own the best house you can afford :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i prefer that little red motorbike which we rode under the pouring rain. or was that the green one? waks...i've forgotten! but one thing for sure, i don't like your NSR. too big and too "nungging" for me:) hehehehe... *adel

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i prefer that little red motorbike which we rode under the pouring rain. or was that the green one? waks...i've forgotten! but one thing for sure, i don't like your NSR. too big and too "nungging" for me:) hehehehe... *adel

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually this is not annonimous its iz but i dont have a username, anyway SENNO YOU ARE SO MEAN TO YOUR MOM!!!well not really.anyway you have cool blogs.
iz

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home