Monday, January 31, 2005

Branford Marsalis, Jazz musician, New Orleans native J

Read some local newspaper "Marsalis embraces jazz tradition" got the center of my attention, here’s what happen:

“What makes entertainment work for everybody is a certain embracing of a blatant superficiality of it, and that’s just something that I wasn’t able to do. ... It was the revelation I need to realize that I’m not an entertainer, I’m an artist.”

The reason that made him move to Durham, North California is this
“My son had turn 15 and I just felt at the time that he needed to be in an environment where there’s less of an overt embrace of materialism… and that tremendous sense of entitlement. In New York, the second or third question when you meet someone is ‘What do you do?’ Most people in Durham don’t know what I do or who I am and that’s great”

The reason that made him left Columbia/Sony is this:
When he asked his son why he was illegally downloading some music rather than buying the CD. His son explained that it made no sense to pay US$16 for a CD that he knew he wouldn’t be listening more than 6 weeks time.
Music has become very disposable… not really a music at all but, instead, a product.
How good the music is irrelevant to how successful it is” Some music companies emphasize music on its entertainment side.


Try to think about this as A REAL APPRECIATION TO MUSIC WHICH KNOWS NO BORDER/ LIMITATION/ RACE AND COLOUR

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

piracy is no good..

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home