Monday, May 02, 2005

The art of listening

Watched PhoneBooth (Click on the title for more information), a short duration of thriller movie, personal opinion is 'I love this movie'. Makes me think bout the things that we have probably did in the past or still doing.
Recommend to see the movie.
Here's some comment I got from amazon: -they can explain better than I do-
' Main character Stu (Colin Farrell at his best performance) is one of this fake New Yorkers: some publicist, dressed in a fake coat of bogus fame and unexciting BIG contacts. He stops by at the phone booth to make his regular call to another women, the one which doesn't know that he is married... As soon as he hangs up? A phone call... A phone call for him... A phone call by a sniper. He has to play by the sniper's rules, or someone will die.A thriller? An action? A psychological drama? I would say all of it at the same time... but much more. Did I want to know what will happen next? Yes! Did this film make me think? Yes!
From my point of view, this film mostly about art of listening. We often prejudge situations and people. But we forget to listen, to understand and hear the meaning of simple clues which might save our own life. And Forest Whitaker as Captain Ramey did this part very well.On the other hand it gives us a slight idea how one second can change our life forever. And it does every single day.The ending made me disappointed but I can't give this film less than A- grade. I've seen better, but not as many as you might think.
Reviewed by "russianwriter.net" '

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home