Monday, August 02, 2004

Culture Shock

I went to Indian's Rest with my roommate, Kevin and one Belgium's girl yesterday, Emelie, vietnamese born Bel, she speaks perfect france, very good Chinese and Cantonese, nice.... I wish i was born outside my place:) The food was suppose to be nice but I paid NT150 for a half portion of bones, They really don't appreciate our economic crisis, my country and I. After we finished the dishes, as ussual I prepared to walk out, my friends kept talking, i felt so strange actually, I remember how many times I put my right leg preparin to leave, but they still talkin. I notice every small movement where i think they already want to leave. But i did it very slow so they didn't realize it:) I looked so nervous every new customer came, and remember the waiter expression.

Doesn't mean to be rude, It's just rarely happen in my culture, if we wanna chat, we ussualy eat slowly until we finish our meal, where we rarely spend time talkin in a restaurant (not coffee shop) They said they can buy a small cake and talked for 3-4 hour. Wow....

So happy to learn others culture, we also talked bout drama theater or musical performance in Vienna, where they have it EVERYDAY. We can go there 7 days a week for different performance, wow... And they have budget ticket start from 3Eur where normal ticket can cost until 300Eur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home